Victrex CT200


Victrex CT-200 is an alternative to PCTFE for machined seals and related components that must operate reliably at cryogenic temperatures.

Higher tensile strength coupled with lower modulus confirms more ductility across a wider range of temperatures; testing at -196°C to +150°C indicates better sealing capabilities. Lower and constant expansion ensures more dimensional stability and minimizes the shrinkage at low temperatures. Higher thermal conductivity permits a faster reaction to temperature changes allowing the seat seal to keep interference with the steel counter-surface at all time; contributing to a more consistent sealing. Lower static and dynamic helps minimize torque and wear allowing smaller actuators and saving space and weight.

The advanced polymer is a particularly effective solution for sealing components that must perform reliably in cryogenic environments such as those encountered in liquefied natural gas (LNG) facilities and transport, and in hydrogen sealing including liquid hydrogen.

Typical areas of application include:

  • Cryogenic applications
  • Pump & valve (seats & seals)
  • Turbine seals
  • Shaft components
  • Back up rings
  • Compressor components

Click Here for more information

Data Sheet available here

Temp. Range °C

-196°C to +150°C

Fire Rating


Specific Gravity


Keep in touch!

Receive email updates from SEP about products and other news
Your privacy (see our Privacy Policy for full details)

Specialist Engineering Plastics will process the personal data you provide together with any other information we receive from or about you for administration, market research, profiling, and relationship building on the basis of our legitimate interests to do so to . We may retain it for 2 Years on secure servers in the UK using a trusted service provider.

With your consent, we will send you information you request by the communication methods you have chosen.

You have the right to access your personal data and, in some cases, to require us to restrict, erase or rectify it or to object to our processing it and the right of data portability.

Concerns or complaints can be made to or the Information Commissioner’s Office.